During this course participants will
• Understand the benefits of bringing the world into the classroom to inspire change & break down barriers.
• Learn how to arrange Virtual Field Trips with well-known institutions worldwide using the Microsoft Educator Community.
• Discover how to raise Intercultural Awareness by using Skype in the classroom.
• Learn how to foster the development of collaborative projects with other schools around the world.
• Develop their Digital Literacy by discussing these topics.
For EFL teachers, Skype in the classroom is a powerful tool to reinforce language acquisition in a natural setting. It provides opportunities to visit museums, historical attractions, and other locations and at the same time, students are given the chance of engaging in meaningful conversation with someone on site who will conduct a virtual tour for the class. In this way, adding meaningful content to topic-based lessons. Skype in the Classroom is also beneficial since students can have the chance of experiencing different classrooms worldwide.
• What is Mystery Skype?
• Being part of Skype Collaborations
• How to get started with Virtual Field Trips
• Bringing Skype Guest Speakers into the classroom
• Developing Collaborative projects
• Sivakumar, R. 2015 Integrating Skype into Education https://www.researchgate.net/publication/281591535_Integrating_Skype_into_Education
• Microsoft Educator Community https://education.microsoft.com/