- To promote a context-based approach to the reading of texts which lend themselves to exploring “hybrid literatures” in Englishes.
- To look for and build strategies to raise participants’ awareness of specific cultures and their worlds of meaning.
- To delve into the concepts of “auto-ethnographies”, “border writing”, “displacement”, “dislocation” and “diaspora” as well as “travelling cultures” and “dynamic identities”.
1) Presentation and discussion of how to approach “Border Literatures in Englishes”
2) Guided group reflection and exchange of ideas on the main themes and issues raised by the text.
3) Reading of key extracts in the short stories and reflecting on how they mean.