- Introduction to the Orton Gillingham method to teach English spelling native to students with dyslexia.
- Introduction to the SoftEnglish method to teach English spelling to non-native students with dyslexia and other specific learning difficulties.
- Understand how to chunk words in English and how chunking helps with spelling.
- Introduce the most common patterns that need to be explicitly taught.
- English as an opaque language.
- English spelling patterns and how they can help with spelling.
- Explicit, structured, systematic multisensory teaching of English spelling.
- The Orton Gillingham method
- The SoftRead method.
- Spelling practice: what works and what doesn't work.
Philomena Ott, 1997, How to detect and manage dyslexia - A reference and resource manual. Heinemann.
Ronald D. Davis, 2010, The Gift of Dyslexia - Perigee
- Milne Duncan, 2005, Teaching the Brain to Read, Smartkids.
International Dyslexia Association: Dyslexia Assessment, what it is and how can it help
British Dyslexia Association: What are Specific Learning Difficulties.
Headstrong Nation: Inside the Hidden World of Dyslexia & ADHD