- Understand that ICT enables us to teach the language in a more appealing way as long as we include meaningful instructions and tasks.
- Reflect upon the pros and cons of using technological tools in the classroom.
- See examples of different activities carried out in the ELL class using different apps to practice the four language skills.
• The rationale behind using ICT in the classroom according to different authors and classroom experience.
• Speaking made more interesting through the use of different apps.
• Writing made more appealing and easier to grade for the teacher.
• Grammar and vocabulary made more fun and memorable.
• ICT used as an "enabler" rather than an "enslaver".
This is a hands-on workshop which will give attendees the chance to try new apps and websites to facilitate the learning of the language in a more engaging and fun way.
Participants will have the opportunity to learn about different apps that they will try first to later include in their classes.
Courts, B. & Tucker, J. (2012). Using Technology To Create A Dynamic Classroom Experience. Journal of College Teaching & Learning (TLC), 9(2), 121-128. https://doi.org/10.19030/tlc.v9i2.6907
Davis, K. & Gardner, H. (2014). La Generación App. Editorial: Paidos.
Rosell-Aguilar, F. (2017). State of the App: A Taxonomy and Framework for Evaluating Language Learning Mobile Applications. CALICO Journal, vol 34.2 243–258