• To reflect upon ways that help teachers support the effective communication and relationship skills that teachers require to create mutually respectful classrooms, build intrinsic motivation, and develop cooperative learning communities.
• To identify teachers’ teaching styles and students’ learning styles.
• Based on the most recent research and examples of the most effective practice the course aims to be a resource in providing the tools that teachers need to be most successful, to respond to students with encouragement, to promote critical life skills so that students develop their full human potential, to model empathy and compassion, to show students the value of talking time to learn skills, and to develop the ability to connect with peers, teachers, and parents with the utmost respect.
Positive discipline tools for teachers:
- Understanding our students
- Positive discipline foundational principles: encouragement, caring, focus on solutions, kind and firm, mistakes as opportunities for learning.
- Forming a bond: connection before correction
- Managing the positive disciplined classroom: strategies and techniques.