Chat GPT has taken the world by storm and threatens to revolutionize much of what we do at schools, but it is just the tip of the iceberg. Artificial intelligence (AI) applications are not only challenging school leaders to reassess teaching and learning practices, as well as assessment, but, and even more importantly, promise to impact the lives of our students in ways that are us significant as they are far reaching.
Our 2-hour interactive workshop provides a hands-on exploration of some of the latest AI tools for education, including Chat GPT, with practical examples, as well as an in depth analysis of how current and future technology innovations can be harnessed within schools.
Course contents include:
· Principles of AI, big data, augmented and virtual reality, foreseeable impact and growth.
· AI powered tools for education, applications to text analysis, summarization, expert systems and machine learning.
· Chat GPT, an in-depth look at examples, applications, limitations, uses in the classroom for different age levels.
· Ethical impact on individuals and society of the latest technology advances, practical examples, moral dilemmas, robotics, deep fakes, autonomous driving and other current applications.
· Strategies for schools to develop critical technology users.