To explore set texts for IGCSE and AS Literature selection 2023 by providing
background information on author and context, a general overview of plot and major
themes exposed to determine how age appropriate each text may be.
- To comment on the options for poetry: Songs of Ourselves versus single-author selections.
- To look into Drama alternatives by considering author, setting, language, themes and
degree of relatability with students of specific age groups.
- To share teaching experiences regarding previous selections, how they worked in class,
student response to them and general criteria for text selection.
-Presentation of Set Texts for Literature IGCSE and AS 2022/2023 for Poetry, Prose and
- Introduction to the authors, genre, plot, themes and linguistic complexities of each choice.
- Discussion of the pros and cons of each choice regarding target age, time needed for in-
depth analysis and suitability of each text for a passage-based exam.
- Sharing of experiences, advice and personal views.