Get participants to:
• Explore different ways of teaching English with effective tools to learn and reinforce the language.
• Use practical techniques to develop Cooperative Learning in their classes.
• Learn how to implement the strategies to foster interaction while making sure all students are held accountable.
• Learn which structure are best-suited for a particular instructional purpose.
• Acquire hands-on ideas, easy to carry out in daily classes.
Get practical ideas to implement.
- Cooperative Learning as a powerful teaching technique.
- Dr Spencer Kagan’s Cooperative Learning Structures.
- The 4 principles of CL: Positive Interdependence, Individual Accountability, Equal Participation, and Simultaneous Interaction
- Class building and Team building activities.
- Structures to regulate interaction between pairs, for team work and to involve the entire class.
- Teaching Social Skills
- An inclusive and positive classroom environment.
During this session, participants will learn how to implement Dr. Spencer Kagan’s approach to Cooperative Learning using his structures and strategies to organize interaction between students. These practical activities increase academic achievement, enhance self-esteem and create a more harmonious classroom climate, reducing discipline problems, and developing students' social skills and character virtues.