- Become acquainted with the specific problems of students with dyslexia when learning a second language.
- Learn about different resources to be used with students with dyslexia when teaching English to Spanish speakers.
- Design types of work and exercises that will help all students, particularly those with dyslexia.
- Design accommodations to evaluate students with dyslexia.
- What is dyslexia?
- Why is it important to take it into account when teaching English to Spanish speakers?
- What kind of specific instruction do they need?
- What kind of exercises are the most useful for these students?
- What resources are the most helpful?
- What kind of accommodations are necessary to evaluate these students?
Philomena Ott, 1997, How to detect and manage dyslexia - A reference and resource manual. Heinemann.
Ronald D. Davis, 2010, The Gift of Dyslexia - Perigee
- Milne Duncan, 2005, Teaching the Brain to Read, Smartkids.
International Dyslexia Association: Dyslexia Assessment, what it is and how can it help
British Dyslexia Association: What are Specific Learning Difficulties.
Headstrong Nation: Inside the Hidden World of Dyslexia & ADHD
Ana María Radrizzani Goñi 2016 - Hay Lugar para mí - Editorial Letra Viva
Headstrong Nation – Classroom accomodations.