- Become acquainted with the specific problems of students with dyslexia when learning a second language.
- Learn about different resources to be used with students with dyslexia when teaching English to Spanish speakers.
- Design types of work and exercises that will help all students, particularly those with dyslexia.
- Design accommodations to evaluate students with dyslexia.
- What is dyslexia?
- Why is it important to take it into account when teaching English to Spanish speakers?
- What kind of specific instruction do they need?
- What kind of exercises are the most useful for these students?
- What resources are the most helpful?
- What kind of accommodations are necessary to evaluate these students?
- Review of the Orton-Gillngham and SoftEnglish methods
We are going to use an online platform called Adobe Connect for our webinars.
Module 120 minutes of this webinar will be attended from the comfort of your home.
ESSARP will send an email with guided instructions on how to join the webinar. You will have to enter your name and surname and check your audio. Please check the date and time of the webinar: Date: 23/4 Time: 3.30 p.m. to 5.30 p.m.
Philomena Ott, 1997, How to detect and manage dyslexia - A reference and resource manual. Heinemann.
Ronald D. Davis, 2010, The Gift of Dyslexia - Perigee
- Milne Duncan, 2005, Teaching the Brain to Read, Smartkids.
International Dyslexia Association: Dyslexia Assessment, what it is and how can it help
British Dyslexia Association: What are Specific Learning Difficulties.
Headstrong Nation: Inside the Hidden World of Dyslexia & ADHD
Ana María Radrizzani Goñi 2016 - Hay Lugar para mí - Editorial Letra Viva
Headstrong Nation – Classroom accomodations.